Sign up for my updated weekly newsletter “New Venture Insights” and receive my new ebook “12 Reasons Why I Love Estonia” (5 min read) with the confirmation email.
Month: January 2017
Sign up for Angel Investor Startup Digest and prepare to do even smarter investments next year.
As normal at this time of the year we look back at the year, we are leaving behind. At the same time, we try to predict the year in front of us, which is tough or most of the time sometimes impossible. I have collected some articles that seek to look into the crystal ball and maybe can give us some notion on the road ahead.
Michael J. de la Merced – The New York Times
– The amount of money that flowed into start-ups in the United States fell in 2016 for the first time in four years as the number of deals struck tumbled to their lowest levels since 2011, but the technology world has high hopes that 2017 will prove to be brighter.
Jessica Stillman – Inc.
– Let’s not mince words, changing your life is hard. Really hard. That’s why more than 90 percent of New Year’s resolutions fail.
Matt Weinberg, Eugene Kim & Julie Bort – Business Insider
– Companies spent an estimated $3.4 trillion on business tech in 2016. With that kind of money, the business technology market has created some of the most powerful people in tech this year.
Maddie Stone – Gizmodo
– On the climate and energy front, 2016 was a year of contradictions. Again and again, our planet smashed global temperature records. The fingerprints of climate change were visible in extreme weather from the North Pole to Louisiana.
Kevin Daum – Inc.
– The end of the year is a time for reflection. Many greats were lost in 2016: thinkers, creators, scientists, entertainers, and philosophers–no major field of endeavor was untouched by loss in the last 12 months.
Arjun Kharpal and Seamus Conwell – CNBC
– The last 12 months have been full of major technology stories from Samsung’s exploding phone saga to the speculation around and eventual end to the acquisition of Twitter.
Investor’s Business Daily
– This new year may be as unpredictable as any, but here are 10 key issues and challenges to watch that will affect your investments and the economy.